Brightlands Campus Greenport Venlo
A breeding ground for new high-tech food research
Brightlands Campus Greenport Venlo (The Netherlands) is the Field Lab Food, Health & Ingredients. The campus is active in the field of food safety, food security, and healthy, tasty food. The campus focuses on three programme lines:
- Healthy and Safe Nutrition
- Future Farming
- Bio-circular Economy
The campus brings together regional companies and institutes for education, applied research and valorisation, such as Fontys Venlo, HAS University of Applied Sciences and Maastricht University (Venlo University College).
This field lab contains different research facilities in a vast array of subjects, such as variety development (focusing on taste and health), purchasing and eating behaviour, upgrading agricultural land, new processing techniques, in-company logistics, active ingredients in food, greenhouse structures and vertical farming, sustainability, earning models and marketing and services, transport flows and agrarian raw materials for non-food applications.
- BrightBox – centre of expertise in High Tech Horticulture
- Bio Treat Center – facilitates entrepreneurs in the development of bio-based business
- BrightLabs – high end chemical analyses in the food, feed and beverage
- Compas Agro – expertise center with field labs for all agricultural sectors
- Cultus Crop Research – research in all agriculture en horticulrue sectors
- Food Claims Centre Venlo – knowledge centre for all questions related to nutrition and food law
- HEFI laboratoria – Centre for Healthy Eating and Food Innovation
- Kids University for Cooking – field lab and education model for youth and healthy food
- Nutritional Concept Lab – personalized nutrition
Whether you’re a start-up, SME, or multinational: you can contact Brightlands Campus Greenport Venlo to test and produce innovative products and applications in the fields of materials, health and nutrition.